Sunday, July 21, 2013

Orly Genger: Red, Yellow, and Blue



















Seems like I arrived back in NYC just as the heat wave ended which I am definitely thankful for. My mom’s birthday is today and she happens to be in town visiting so we strolled around the city, played a game of checkers in Bryant Park, hung out in Madison Square Park, did some window shopping and enjoyed a nice lunch outside.   I love leisurely spent Sundays, where there’s nothing in particular that needs to be done (or at least ‘to do’ things I feel that can be temporarily ignored) except to enjoy some time outside.
Madison Square Park is an especially pleasant spot to enjoy a Sunday morning in the summer.  And I think of all the art installations I’ve seen in the park so far Orly Genger: Red, Yellow, and Blue is my favorite. I love seeing the woven primary colors winding through the park, peeking out from behind trees, meandering across the lawn in unexpected ways. The squirrels and birds in the park seem to get a kick out of this installation too.   
Outfit Details:
Midi Ballerina Skirt (old) - H&M (similar herehere and here)
Pastel Striped T-shirt (old) - Anthropologie
Lace Tunic (old) - I remember purchasing this at Square One in Mississauga long ago but I have no idea what store it came from (similar here)
Belt - random piece of ribbon I had in a jewelry box

No comments:

Post a Comment