Monday, July 1, 2013

Little Red Dress









Where does the time go! I can’t believe it’s July 1st already! I decided to go with a red and white palette from head to toe today in honor of Canada Day, although I love the combination of red and white any time of year. It’s sort of an odd color combination when you think about it - bright and fresh in summer, warm and festive during the Christmas holidays, romantic and sweet at Valentine’s Day. I can’t think of another color combination so tied to particular events and times of the year, but also so seasonless.
I’ve been on the hunt for a red dress for years and knew the dress pictured above was it when I first say it online last year. I loved the sleeves, flippy skirt, gold buttons, and of course the all over crimson color! When I finally saw it in person and on promotion, I didn’t hesitate (ok, I hesitated a bit but I’m glad not too much). It’s a little shorter than most of the dresses I wear but not *too* short, and I feel like the design is classic enough that I’ll enjoy wearing it years from now. I’m already thinking of different staying options, like adding a longer lace/eyelet/tulle slip on underneath for a cool layering effect, or pairing with a fitted navy blazer and a pair of brogues. So many different looks for one little red dress.
Is there some article of clothing that you’ve been searching for? What’s your version of the perfect red dress (or whatever specific item you are looking for)?
Outfit Details:
Dress - Imelda Dress, Misha Nonoo (no longer available on Misha Nonoo’s website and sold out in most other places that carried but Lord and Taylor may still have a few in their 5th Avenue store)
Shoes - Seychelles Bergman Heels (Seychelles makes seriously comfortable shoes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment