Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Is it a Dress, a Blouse or a Skirt? All of the Above









Excuse how wrinkled my skirt looks in these photos. I hate ironing on my day off and did a rushed job of it this morning.  Since I was only running a few errands today before heading back to work tomorrow I didn’t put much effort into ironing as I normally might. Even though I know that as the day wears on I’m likely to end up a little rumpled, I still like to start the day off looking fresh which includes neatly pressed clothing.  
I’ve had this BCBG pull-on tunic dress for years and it’s one of my favorites to throw on and be out the door. Unlike the skirt, it does stay mostly wrinkle free. In fact, I pulled it out of the drawer today and didn’t even touch it up with the iron.  What’s great about pieces like this is how easily they can be styled in a variety of ways. Some days, I wear the dress simply over a pair of leggings. In the fall, I often wear with skinny jeans, a chunky crop sweater and boots. Put a long sleeve thermal shirt under the dress and add a pair of cord leggings or wool skirt along with  a long sweater cardigan and you have a toasty and stylish winter look.
Today, I wore it tucked into a shirt so that it appears to be a blouse. The attached belt on the dress sits in just the right place so that when I paired it with this skirt from Zara it lays just about the waistband. And of course, the neutral colors and subtle pattern in the dress increase the possibilities for re-mixing in new ways. It’s great when you find a piece that you can integrate into your wardrobe in new ways with each wear.
Outfit Details:
Tunic Dress (old) - BCBG (similar idea herehere and here)
Skirt (old) - Zara (similar idea herehere, and here)
Necklace (old) - Submerged Necklace, Anthropologie (similar idea here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment