Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bastille Day in NYC





















Today I checked out the Bastille Day Celebration on 60th Avenue presented by French Institute: Alliance Francaise. FIAF’s Bastille Day on 60th Street takes place between 5th Avenue and Lexington Ave. and only runs from noon to 5pm.  I got there right at noon and the area in and around it was packed; I could barely get down the street through the throngs of people.  Despite the heat, humidity and crowds, it was great fun seeing the booths running along the street. Beautiful jewel-like pastries, pastel macaroons, musicians, and lots of festive balloons and banners everywhere I looked. Every few booths there was either a lemonade, ice tea or smoothie stand which is definitely appreciated on hot and steamy days like this.  
I also entered their Twitter Challenge, so in between taking in all the sights and sounds, I was following the rules for that. FIAF’s Twitter Challenge consists of visiting certain booths, following the rules at each one (e.g. for the Financier Patisserie booth, I had to give Chef Eric the address of one of their locations and then pose for a photo with him), and then tweeting out the photo along with a specific hashtag.  Fingers crossed I win something! Last year I entered the contest as well but unfortunately didn’t win anything.  Anyways, I’m glad I had a chance to attend this event for a second year. If you’ve never been, you should definitely mark it on next year’s calendar!
Outfit Details:
Eiffel Tower Dress - The Jenny Hart Dress, Modcloth (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment