Thursday, August 1, 2013

Taking Photos for a Style Blog in NYC....Not An Easy Feat




I don't know how other style bloggers in NYC manage to take photos in the city without them seeming rushed or awkward. I am definitely far from mastering that.  First of all, it's so hard to actually just stop, much less set up any kind of shot.  I don't have a tripod but it's not something I'd even attempt setting up in the city. Generally, I have family, friends and sometimes strangers snap a quick picture for my blog posts but the end results vary widely...busy sidewalks and a quick point and click shot aren't exactly ideal circumstances for a good photo.  But I much prefer the results to that of 'selfies' and the strange perspective that always creates. 

One thing I have noticed is that the photos taken on the weekend turn out better than during the weekday which probably has more to do with me than the actual environment in which a photo is taken. During the week I'm typically rushing to and from work and trying to get a bunch of other things done, but on the weekend the pace is much more relaxed. Setting the self timer on my camera works well but I only ever do that in my apartment building for obvious reasons. Perhaps in a less crowded part of NYC I could set the self timer and walk away from my camera long enough for the photo to be taken but I doubt this is a real possibility. I do prefer outdoor photos though and enjoy capturing some of my favorite places in each post. 

Who knows, one day I might actually figure out the trick to taking photos for a style blog outside in a "pretend no one else is around" kind of way but until then.....

Outfit Details:



No comments:

Post a Comment