Friday, August 23, 2013

Tropical State of Mind








































































With August coming to a close, I've been trying to get in a few more wears of some of my more summery outfits.  These brushed denim pants are actually pretty warm, perfect for cooler mornings or nights and/or wearing inside air conditioned buildings but too hot to wear on a typical humid summer's day. Their love parrot print, however, says summer to me.  When I bought these pants it was the novelty print that attracted me, not the varied styling opportunities they presented. But I've been pleasantly surprised to find that this pattern plays well with many other patterns and colors.   

A few weeks ago I styled them like this and have paired them with neon t-shirts and a button down gingham shirt. This week I wore them to work with a mint green argyle print sweater I've had for years. I added accents of yellow and turquoise to pick up on the colors in the parrots.  Now if only I could blink three times or something and be transported to Key West, the Caribbean Islands, Hawaii, Brazil...basically any place where the average temperature rarely dips below 80F.  

Outfit Details:

Pants - Dittos Jessica Love Bird Print Denim Leggings, Lord and Taylor (on clearance sale!)

Sweater (old) - United Colors of Benetton

Necklace (old) - American Eagle (similar here)

Belt (old) - Anthropologie (similar here)

No comments:

Post a Comment