Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Already getting darker out earlier in the evening...you know what that means




I think I'm in denial that the first week of August is almost over. I've seen and done a lot this summer but I still have a lot of things on my list. One of them is seeing Cinderella on Broadway.  As if the Rodgers and Hammerstein score weren't enough of a reason to see this show, there's the added draw of the elaborate costumes and sets. I'm also curious to see what new twists they've added to the production. There's usually a 2 for 1 offer on Broadway tickets in the fall though so that's probably the best time to go. Anyways, there's a lot more on my 'must see and do' list but not a lot of summer left. 

I'm sad to see it getting dark so early at night already and I miss waking up early and seeing the sun pouring in the windows.  I walked home with a cardigan on today and wasn't even hot.....a couple of weeks ago I wouldn't even dream of stepping foot outside with a cardigan on.  I'm determined to wear my summery dresses as far past summer as possible. Some are easily winterized but I have a few that I'll have to pack away till next year.  

This Lepidoptera dress (or pouffy butterfly dress as I call it) is pretty sturdy and the print has a lot of autumnal colors so I can get away with wearing it late into October when I add a pair of tights, cardigan and boots.  As much as I dislike packing away some of my favorite dresses till next year, the positive side of it is the joy of unpacking them and being able to wear them again; not being able to wear them for awhile makes me appreciate them all the more.

Still, some days I feel more like Rudy Huxtable did in the Cosby episode "It Ain't Easy Being Green."

Outfit Details:

Dress - Lepidoptera Dress by Maeve, Anthropologie

Cardigan - Clipped Etymology Cardigan, Anthropologie

Necklace - Picnic Basket Locket, Kate Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment