Monday, August 12, 2013

A Bumblebee I am Not






































































Just a quick outfit post for today.  I was in crazy Monday mode so didn't bother to stop anywhere on the way to or from work to take some photos.  Some days are just like that. The weather forecast keeps calling for thundershowers and I'd rather not get caught in one so that also kept me from taking a more leisurely approach.  Anyways, I decided to wear Maeve's Otta dress today since I haven't worn it that much this summer.  I love its bold yellow, black and white geometric pattern, the dropwaist silhouette and even the covered buttons along the side.  One thing that bothers me about this dress is how much the colors have bled. I've washed it out by hand a few times and have had serious problems.  I really wish designers would colorfast their garments.  I still love this dress but wish I could say that it looked the same as the day I bought it.  

To style it, I paired it with a simple black cardigan embellished by a white lace collar which I think shows off the geometric pattern but also plays off the vintage design.  Black opaque tights help to ground the outfit and playful white flats add just enough quirky flair to keep this outfit from looking old fashioned.  Yellow, black and white really is a favorite color combination of mine...there's no need to fear looking like a bumblebee if you find patterns, hues and accessories that work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment