Friday, August 9, 2013

Lions and Lines

When I left my apartment today it looked like it was going to rain but thankfully it didn’t since I hadn’t packed an umbrella. I can carry an umbrella around for days and it never rains and the moment I take it out it usually does….not the case today.




































No big plans today, a few errands to run and a pop-up exhibition I wanted to check out. I sort of feel like just walking around the city is enough excitement some days. When I first moved here, I would around and think “oh wow” at every turn; there was always something fascinating to see or experience. I still get that sense of awe/wonder as I’m walking around, especially on days when I’m not in a hurry to get some place else. I wonder if everyone who moves here from somewhere else experiences this, and if they do, does it go away at any point…hopefully not.




































Any time I’m in the Bryant Park area or happen to visit the Mid-Manhattan branch of the New York Public Library, I always stop at the Stephen A. Schwarzman Building.  




































You can do some great people watching along Fifth Avenue. Also, the little tables and chairs around the perimeter of the library are great places to stop for a light snack, to do some reading or just enjoy the setting.




































Look up and say “Hello” to Patience and Fortitude, the two marble lions that seem to stand guard over the Beaux-Arts Building.















The NYPL always puts together great exhibitions.



I’m constantly amazed by the beautiful window displays along Fifth Avenue.




































Yes, I did do a twirl in the middle of the sidewalk. Don’t worry, I looked both ways first.




































Urban Fabric exhibition. The sign says “come in” but the doors locked. Typical, that I arrive too early. (I did go back at noon though. If you are interested, you can check out the photos I took here).





















I’ve stood in more lines than I ever did before since moving to NYC. Sometimes I think people see a line and just get in it, thinking they might miss out on something if they don’t get in the line. Some lines don’t even move, like George Segal’s “The Commuters.” Funny story, when I was posing for this photo, two little children started to line up behind me…really wish that would have been caught in this photo.

























Seriously, why isn’t this line moving?  Happy Friday!
Outfit Details:
Dress - Kate Spade All Wrapped Up Felix Dress (purchased during a Kate Spade Friends and Family sale but there are a few around online, e.g. here)
Hat (old) - Purchased at Lord and Taylor spring 2012 
Belt (old) - from United Colors of Benetton mint green blazer/jacket 
Tote bag (old) - Eloise at the Plaza, The Plaza Hotel
Necklace and earring set (old) - card store on Queen St. West (can’t remember the name)

To combat the A/C indoors and for a more complete look I added:













Cardigan - Nick and Mo, purchased at Bungalow in Kensington Market













Shoes (old) - John Fluevog

No comments:

Post a Comment