Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hanging Out at Kate Spade





















Yesterday after work I headed over to Kate Spade New York on Madison Avenue for their in-store event. Kate Spade and Harper's Bazaar teamed up to celebrate the launch of the KSNY 2 Park Avenue Beau Bag. One of the lovely staff members showed me a couple of the bags just before the event kicked off. They are really well designed and seem to be a good size and weight. I love that the store was offering free monogramming to anyone who purchased the new bag.  

In between drooling over the array of bags in every hue imaginable and admiring the view of Madison Avenue from the balcony, I tried on a pair of shoes I've been dreaming about for months (since F/W 2013 Preview!). And yes, I'll be dreaming about them even more now. A beautiful multi-colored sequined skirt, exclusive to this particular Kate Spade location, also caught my eye. It had so much work on it that I thought it would feel heavy and a bit scratchy but it was very light and soft. Saving up my pennies (lots of them...).

Every time I'm in this store I comment about how adorable the couches, chairs, pillows and general interior design is.  Seriously, can I please just move in? 

P.S. Remember how I was saying I'm a minimalist makeup sort of person? Well, that still holds true but I decided to polish my nails for this event, something which I used to always do but haven't in a long time.  Anyways, now I think I'm a little obsessed with Maybelline's Color Show Polka Dots Nail Polish. I wore the Drops of Jade shade to this event but I'm looking forward to trying out a few of the other colors. Two days later, happy to report no chipping yet, and none of that gritty texture that glittery nail polish usually has. Small miracles.

Outfit Details:

Dress - Picnic Mariella Dress, Kate Spade

Cardigan - Ruffled Cardigan, Cable and Gauge, Lord and Taylor

T-Shirt - J Crew Perfect Fit Tee (in neon kiwi but J Crew has their Fall colored tees now)

Shoes - Kate Spade New York Norella Glitter Rhinestone Buckle Ballet Flats (no longer available but there are plenty of sparkly shoes on Kate Spade's website, like these beauties)

Bag - Dooney and Bourke, Leisure Shopper in Hydrangea Print

Tights - Ellen Tracy Sheer All Over Dot Tight (in Grey Shadow)

Necklace - Picnic Basket Locket, Kate Spade

Bow Earrings - I've had these since childhood, a gift from my Nana (plenty of bow earrings here)

No comments:

Post a Comment