Saturday, August 31, 2013

Seasons Ahead: Things to Look Forward To















































I've been bemoaning the end of summer a lot so I thought I'd focus on some of the things I'm looking forward to this fall/winter. A new season of the New York City Ballet and the Metropolitan Opera are a couple of those things. There's nothing more transformative than going to a live ballet or opera performance.  I know there are many people who would say that attending a performance is an inactive or even dull experience but I would strongly disagree with that characterization...in fact, I'd even wonder if they've truly experienced a performance.  It's too bad tickets are so expensive...one day when I'm a millionaire (hey, you never know...) I'll buy some season tickets, maybe even have my own seats to both the ballet and opera in whichever city I'm living in.  

Until then, I'll study the season's calendars and figure out which performance(s) I most want to see and when the best deals are. And there's also great free events like the Met's Summer HD Festival...it's not exactly live but it's a pretty amazing experience even still. The Lincoln Center Plaza has its own special aura, even more so at night as crowds gather to watch an opera on the big screen. Guess the end of summer isn't such a bad thing after all.

Outfit Details:

Dress (old): Esmeralda Dress by Girls of Savoy, Anthropologie

Hat: Tipped Straw Cloche, Anthropologie

Necklace: Camellia Bib Necklace, Anthropologie

Bag: The Stone Flower, South Street Seaport, NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment