Sunday, September 1, 2013

CORNucopia at Philipsburg Manor





























































































































The last few days I've been warming up to the idea that autumn is really just around the corner. I'm still sad to see summer end, but there are so many things I love about fall that my anticipation of all those things grows a little each day.  There's something about the calendar flipping from August 31 to September 1 that triggers a seasonal shift in my brain. Today I took the Metro North Train to Tarrytown to attend the first ever CORNucopia Festival at Philipsburg Manor and was greeted by some of the sights and smells I associate with autumn. Even though it was hot and humid out today, I suddenly wanted to string acorns, carve a pumpkin, drink hot apple cider, and read scary stories by the glow of a fireplace.  Welcome September!

P.S. As a child, I had a great pop-up book about a haunted house perched at the top of a hilly street in Tarrytown. I remember the story pretty well and can even recall some of the illustrations but I can't remember the title.  I need to do some more searching online today because what I recall of the illustrations exactly matched what I saw of Tarrytown today.

Outfit Details:

Skirt (old) - Kalya Gauze Skirt by HD in Paris, Anthropologie

Blouse (old) - Blue Book Blouse by Odille, Anthropologie

Bag (old) - Co-Lab by Christopher Kon

No comments:

Post a Comment