Sunday, September 29, 2013

Summer/Fall Outfit Mashup











































































































I've been a terrible blogger this past week...I mean you kind of need to blog to be a good blogger. The last post I wrote was a week ago today. The week just got away from me I guess. I'm also finding the extra layer of clothing (necessary for cooler mornings) makes stopping for outfit photos a little challenging since taking a coat/sweater off (and then putting it back on again) is a bit of production on NYC's busy sidewalks. Summer's leisurely pace has also been replaced with 'full speed ahead' fervor. Excuses, excuses...I'll try to do better this week.

Yesterday I went over to Dumbo to check out the Dumbo Arts Festival. It turned out to be a beautiful, sunny and warm day. Visiting Dumbo is always fun but even better when everywhere you look there's some art either installed or being performed.  I loved all the colorful balloon people roaming the streets, and the different vistas all the mobile art presented.  It's funny how an inflatable pink pony completely changes the way you view a graffiti lined street or an empty parking lot.

After Dumbo, I stopped in at Bryant Park to check out the Taste of France Festival that was happening.  My favorite part was seeing all the adorable French Bulldogs! So cute and such great personalities!

As far as outfits go, yesterday's was a complete mash-up. This time of year getting dressed is always a bit complicated because you can be cold one minute and hot the next.  Saturday morning I put most of my 'only for summer' dresses away but I left out some of my lighter dresses that I consider almost seasonless if layered properly. The blue swissdot sundress I'm wearing in these photos will probably be packed away in a couple more weeks but with the weather still on the warm side I'm keeping it in circulation for now. This dress is a little subdued/can be a little boring so accessories are key. I added a pair of  patterned tights and a fun scarf to give this dress a more urban vibe, and I think the combination of colors worked out well. By the sounds of it, we are in for several more warm days so there'll be plenty more opportunities to experiment with combining lighter summer layers with some fall accessories. 

Outfit Details:


Tights (old): Blue and Green Space Dye Tights, Anthropologie



No comments:

Post a Comment