Monday, September 2, 2013

To Market, To Market

























































I was feeling pretty colorful when I left my apartment on Saturday morning. This dress is super bright and has a mix of colors you might not normally see together. I mentioned before that it was the pink netting on the shoulders that caught my attention, but this fit and flare shape is one I often gravitate towards. The shorter hemline and the light material is perfect for summer, but I will definitely be wearing this into the fall by adding in a few more layers, probably pairing it with a neutral like black and some metallic accents.

No matter how colorful this dress might be, it can not compete with the brilliant hues of all the produce and flowers at the Greenmarket in Union Square. Everything always looks so artfully arranged. Peppers, carrots, eggplant, squash, tomatoes, radishes, potatoes and more all stacked, bundled, lined up and piled up. I sometimes wonder if the vendors arranged things in particular way to "show off" what they have to sell or if what they are selling is so marvelous that all of it looks great no matter how it's arranged. Maybe it's a little bit of both. Everything a gorgeous feast of color.

Outfit Details:

Dress: Printed Fit and Flare Dress in Aztec Print by Hunter Bell, Fashion Star, Macy's

No comments:

Post a Comment