Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Light Layers for Cooler Temperatures


Just a quick outfit post from the other day. Although Fall doesn't start officially until Sunday, the temperatures are already reflecting the season.  Last week we had a few days in the 90s and yesterday we had a high in the 60s! Needless to say I was freezing and have started to dread winter already.  This is all to say that I wasn't in any mood to linger outside, at least not take photos without a coat on.  I'm sure I'll start to enjoy the cooler temperatures soon but the abrupt change was a little much.  

One thing fun about cooler temperatures is all the options you suddenly have in terms of styling. Layering pieces in your wardrobe is one of the best ways to explore new looks.  Layering means playing with color, textures and prints and the smallest change can really make such an impact.

Yesterday, I wore some light layers that were just right for the seasonal shift.  I love the combination of stripes, polka dots and playing cards, plus the colors in this outfit work well for any season.  And the best part is I felt warm AND stylish!

How do you stay warm yet remain stylish when the temperatures begin to fall? 

Outfit Details:

Skirt (old): Pinochle Skirt, Anthropologie

Olive green t-shirt (old): can't remember where this is from, it's really really old

Striped tank (old): Anthropologie

Cardigan: Pattern Ponder Cardigan, Anthropologie

Necklace (old): I've had this Pied Piper necklace since I was a child and find it as charming now as I did then

No comments:

Post a Comment