Saturday, September 7, 2013

Something Different































































One thing I've noticed since I began writing this blog is that I'm better at using everything in my closet, and not just reaching for old faithfuls or the newest items.  I've always been pretty good about only buying things I will actually get a lot of wear out of and/or pieces that I can imagine being in my closet years from now, but I definitely reache for some items more often. It's easy to just pull out the outfits that you know work well rather than experimenting with lesser used items, especially when you are in a rush.  Since I began this blog though, I've started to think more about the "forgotten" pieces in my wardrobe, taken a bit more time to style those, and become a bit more fearless in wearing them even when I'm still playing with styling ideas. Two such pieces are the skirt and sweater in these photos. 

When I bought these two pieces, years apart, I definitely thought I'd wear them more than I have. They seem like basic pieces that could go with a variety of things and while I still think that's true, I also realize that certain qualities of these items are outside of my comfort zone. My "go to" items tend to be fit and flare dresses, full skirts, dropwaist dresses shirtdresses, blouses and cardigans...not pencil skirts and sweaters.  So while most days I may still choose a ladylike dress over a pencil skirt, it's nice to have some variety in my wardrobe for days when I feel like wearing something a little different from my usual fare.

Outfit Details:

Skirt (old): Scalloped Sailor Skirt, Anthropologie

Sweater (old): Kate Hill, purchased from Lord and Taylor

Hat: Tipped Straw Cloche, Anthropologie

Necklace: Target

Bag: The Stone Flower, South Street Seaport

No comments:

Post a Comment