Sunday, September 8, 2013

I Heart Puffy Hearts























































While the aesthetic of novelty purses is appealing to me, their price tags usually aren't. I'm okay with paying more for an investment piece but a bag in the shape of a tea cup, popcorn box, boat, heart  or flower (Gorgeous!) doesn't exactly qualify as that (unless I win the lotto, in which case that tea cup and flower purse will be mine). 

Speaking of novelty purses, I saw some darling clutches in a window along Fifth Avenue. I didn't catch the name of the store but you can't miss all the glittery objects in the window. I think the tiger and the pink rose clutches are my favorites of the ones I saw. 

Recently I popped into H&M, and came across this soft puffy heart purse. I looked at it and thought "I heart this heart purse."  There weren't many left and according to the cashier she was surprised any were left at all....apparently a lot of us really love these little purses. Mine has a slight crease on it but I'm sure that will come out with a little steam action.  Frankly, I can't put much in this purse but it's not intended to be a workhorse kind of purse anyways. I think the day these photos were taken I had some kleenex and some lip balm in it and there wasn't much room beyond that. There's something kind of decadent about carrying around a little purse that sort of looks like a Valentine's Day box of chocolates. A fun (and inexpensive) addition to my wardrobe, and one that I can't wait to style with other outfits.

Outfit Details:

Dress (old): thrifted

Denim Leggings (old): BCBG

Heart Purse: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment