Friday, September 6, 2013

Topsy Turvy Miniatures








































When I first saw this dress appear on Anthropologie's website a few years again, I was immediately smitten. It never end up making an appearance in the Yorkville location and soon enough it sold out online, but later on I did find it for sale on eBay and I snapped it up. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland with its miniature chair print, oversized collar and ruffled  sleeves. This is what I'd wear to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party. It's a bit of a shapeless dress but that gives it a 1920s feel. From far away, the dress appears fairly refined but closer inspection reveals all it's quirky loveliness. Every time I wear it I find new ways to draw out its storybook details, like adding ballet pink tights, a floral hair accent, bow trimmed shoes or a charm adorned necklace (never all of those things at once though). I'm so glad this dress ended up making its way into my closet.

P.S. Here's I wore the dress to a Grad School Exhibition Celebration (incidentally, I'm hoping to grow my hair out to this length....but it seems to be taking a long time). Pardon the red eye.




Outfit details:




Shoes (the ones I actually wore at work, not the ones I'm wearing): Dolce Vita Orina oxfords, sold out in most places but a few sizes available here





















No comments:

Post a Comment