Sunday, September 22, 2013

Always Tea Time


















































































































































Since moving to NYC almost two years ago I've tried to get a table at Alice's Tea Cup on the Upper West Side about four times but every time the wait was over an hour and for one reason or another I didn't end up waiting. (They only take reservations for groups of six or more).  Last time a friend and I attempted to stop in we decided to go some place else for lunch because it was too cold outside to be wandering around aimlessly while we waited for a table and there's not really enough room inside to wait. So I was pretty excited when a couple of friends and I made plans to finally go check this place out today.  We still had to wait but the weather is pretty perfect right now so passing the time was pleasant.

Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland has long been a favorite book of mine and I do love a good theme (I know, such a dork...) so I didn't hesitate to seize the opportunity to wear my teacup dress and don a few other Alice inspired items for this occasion. One of the newest additions to my Alice in Wonderland assemblage is a gorgeous book clutch I purchased from Novel Creations. I absolutely love it!  Even the way it came packaged was delightful, complete with a red seal heart and a lovely thank you note from the creator. Karen, the owner/creator of Novel Creations, is very responsive if you have any questions about ordering a book purse and when I asked about the antiqued handles she assured me that it would be the perfect choice....and they were! Going to Alice's Tea Cup was the perfect inaugural excursion for this little book purse.  

And tea at Alice's Tea Cup was worth the wait! Such a fun place and I had great company to share the experience with.  Also, I forgot how calming a cup of tea can be. I used to drink tea pretty regularly but only have it on rare occasions now, but I might start making it a part of my daily routine from now on or at least making time on the weekends to enjoy a leisurely cup. Now if only I could find a tea that was as tasty and as pink as what I enjoyed today :)

Outfit Details:

Dress (old): Sugar and Cream Dress, Anthropologie

Cardigan (old): Seashell Cardigan, Anthropologie

Tights (old): Hue Sheer Dot Tights (metal)

Boots (old): John Fluevog Adriana Nuni Boots

Purse: Novel Creations, Etsy

Hair Band: from Hefter Collection Luxe Hair Accessories, Hazelton Lanes, Toronto

Teacup Charm Necklace (old): Purchased from Etsy awhile ago and can't remember the exact store, but similar version here

No comments:

Post a Comment