Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lots of Color, Pink Mesh, Abstract Shapes + A Fit and Flare Design....Sold!

Ever since I discovered my space dress on Macy’s website, after unintentionally clicking a link in my email, I’ve taken more notice of the flyers that end up in my inbox. Let me just say that the physical flagship Macy’s in NYC drives me a little crazy. It’s always crowded, I haven’t found it be to a very customer service orientated place and I never find what I’m looking. Visiting that store always feels like an ordeal. Also, I really hate my couch (from Macy’s)….a bad decision in the frenzy of moving to/settling into NYC. This is just a roundabout way of saying some of my recent finds on their website are winning me over a little, as are the great deals they have during their Friends and Family sales.

When I saw this dress on their website I couldn’t resist. I loved the pattern, colors, textures and shape of the dress. It looked like such a bright and happy dress on the website so I was pretty sure in real life it would be even better. I’m really thrilled with the dress; it fits great and the colors are more vivid in person. And I absolutely love the pink netting at the shoulders, a feature that caught my attention right away. I found out when ordering that the dress was created by the winner of Fashion Star…I had never even heard of that show before but I’m pretty impressed by the dress.
Love when designers make easy to wear and well priced dresses in interesting fabrics and with fun details. Looking forward to styling this In many different ways this summer!
Outfit Details:
Black T-Shirt - J Crew Perfect Fit T-Shirt
Turquoise tights (old) - Hue
Earrings (old) - from family trip to Sanibel, Florida
Necklace (old) - from trip to Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment