Sunday, June 16, 2013

Life Along and On the Water

















I’ve spent a good part of my life living on or near the water. Even as a newborn, and throughout my childhood, I used to go for extended trips on the ships my dad worked on (he still works on the Lakers). All our long weekends and family vacations involved some sort of watercraft or destination along the water. That’s probably why I’m always drawn to harbors, seaports, piers, boats and any body of water. And also why I’m partial to all things nautical in terms of clothing and accessories.

Last spring and summer, I spent a lot of time walking along the Hudson River. This year I haven’t done that as much, even though I’m only a few blocks away. All the rain we’ve been having and the cooler temperatures have definitely played a role in keeping me away, as well as a busy schedule of things to do and see. Today I finally made it down to the water, and everything is exactly as I remember. The hustle and bustle of water taxis, tour boats, ferries, cruise ships and everything in between. Sounds of ice cream trucks mixing with the motors and horns of the crafts on the Hudson.  Lots of people sun bathing anywhere they can find room.  Dogs splashing around in kiddie pools in the dog park. Lively sounds and sights of life along the water. I don’t know why I waited so long to return! Looking forward to many more sun soaked days along and on the water this summer! 
(Pardon the blurring of the old photos and the glare of my white legs - Thanks!)
Outfit Details:
Navy and Yellow Striped Tank (old) - American Eagle
Wicker Purse (old) - White House, Black Market
Kate Spade New York Sunnies (old) - Kate Spade
Rope Belt (old) - Forever 21
Sneakers (old) - Classic Suprega
Sand Dollar Earrings and Palm Tree Necklace - My Mom’s

No comments:

Post a Comment