Thursday, June 27, 2013

Restyling an Old Sundress









I’ve had this navy/almost black sundress for about 15 years. I remember buying the dress in Athens following an archaeological excavation I was on with Brock University.  It was (is!) the perfect lightweight dress for travel….easily packed, wrinkle resistant and great for throwing on over a swimsuit. I still like the look of the dress but it’s pretty sheer and on its own doesn’t feel very appropriate for work.  Today I decided to turn this simple sundress into a more complete look by pulling on a blouse over top and wearing it with a pair of leggings. When the A/C kicked in, I pulled on a light cardigan. The neutral beige and navy coloring found in the dress and cardigan hold up well when paired with the splash of color from the blouse and the punchy colors of the embroidered flowers on the cardigan. It always feels good when you can find a new way to wear an older item in your closet.
P.S. If you are ever in Hell’s Kitchen, check out Schmackary’s at the corner of 9th Ave. and W 45!
Outfit Details:
Dress (old) - The tag on the dress says H&M but I didn’t even realize that store existed then…I guess well before store came to North America (similar idea here)
Leggings (old) - Kensie
Necklace - purchased at MoMA Staff Sale

No comments:

Post a Comment