Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wellies Go with Everything

I probably wear rain boots more than any other pair of shoes or boots when I'm walking around outside. They are just so practical. In the winter, I often wear a pair of black Hunter boots with fleece liners….not only do they keep my feet toasty in any kind of weather, they prevent slipping in the sleet and snow.

Since the spring, I’ve been wearing a pair of cornflower blue Hunters a lot. With those on my feet, any sudden spring/summer downpour or street flooding doesn’t slow me down. Without liners they are perfectly comfortable for walking around even on the hottest of days. I also love that wellies are practically indestructible. A quick wipe down and they look brand new again. They are also super easy to get on and off, so changing into work shoes takes seconds. Although many times when I’ve got to work, I end up leaving my wellies on rather than slipping on the pair of shoes in my tote bag….unable to resist how comfortable they are once on. I really think that I could live with just a closet of wellies in every color…practical, fun, and they go with (almost) everything in my opinion.
So many options…there’s definitely a pair of wellies for everyone!
image
image
Rain boots with a dress? Why not!
My very favorite wellies (from Coach…can’t remember their name or year of purchase) are actually back home….literally could not fit one more thing in the car when my family helped me move to NYC. Maybe next time anyone in my family visits they will bring them (hint, hint…). I miss the punch of whimsy their butterfly print and pastel palate adds to any outfit. They are a great height, not quite reaching to mid calf, for spring/summer too.
image
My dream rain boots! I actually saw these while window shopping in Barneys and they are even prettier in real life. Chanel Camellia Rain Boots. Amazing….
image
I also love these at Henri Bendel! I’m always looking for great NYC fashion pieces that can easily mix with things I already wear. Plus, I can’t resist figurative prints/patterns, either of people or animals.
image
A rainy day doesn’t look so bad now does it? But you don’t need rain to enjoy wearing any of these…
Outfit details:
Dress - Silk Mabel Dress by Moulinette Soeurs, Anthropologie (yay for Birthday discounts! FYI, now on sale! Silk, pull-on and it has pockets!)
Grey T-shirt - J Crew Perfect Fit
Cornflower Blue Rainboots - Hunter, purchased at Lord and Taylor
Necklace - random card store on Queen Street West, Toronto
Pearl drop earrings - my nana’s

No comments:

Post a Comment