Thursday, June 20, 2013

Tights...Not Just for Winter

As you may have already guessed if you’ve read any of my other posts, especially this one, I love tights. They are a relatively inexpensive (generally speaking) way to add visual interest to any outfit, and can even help you see other possibilities for styling something. It’s amazing how one accessory/necessity can completely change a look.

There are a lot of great options available right now, something for everyone, but here are a few of my favorite pairs.
image
I think these ASOS Pattern Sheer Tights are really versatile. I could see these being a great way to transform the look of a little black dress or mix with a bright and bold floral motif.  
image
I’m usually not a fan of fishnet stockings but I love the retro vibe of these star patterned ones. Playful and sort of punk at the same time. I think their name, Starlet of the Show Tights, says it all.
image
These Butterfly Tights from Jessica Simpson are adorable, but their tattoo-like design keeps them from looking too sweet.
image
Although patterned and multi-colored, these Tiny Hearts Tights could work almost as a neutral, pairing well with many other colors and also playing well with other prints.
image
The vivid floral print on these tights is really beautiful.  I could imagine these being a favorite pair of Fall tights, easily blending with greys, greens, and neutral tones.  In the summer, I would probably pair these with a crisp white dress or a black lace dress.
image
Fun! These Eye Exam Chart Printed Tights are a great conversation starter. They are available in black with white font or as pictured above. Just be prepared for people shouting random letters at you all day….
image
Woolford tights are usually pretty pricey but there are some great pairs on sale at Bloomingdales right now that are worth considering. Of the ones available, these are my favorite. I think they would add an edge to a more conservative ensemble, e.g. pencil skirt and blazer, or you could go all out and pair these with brocade shorts and a peplum blouse. Lots of possibilities!
image
So pretty! These Flocked Rose Tights from ASOS are also available in black. I love the texture that the raised roses bring to these tights.
image
Bold geometric patterns can definitely be statement makers and these Checkerboard Tights fit that description. They also remind of Alice in Wonderland. Pairing with a delicate drop waist dress or vintage frock would really bring out the whimsical element of these tights. While wearing a color blocked ensemble would be a striking way to show off this bold print. Also, if you are looking for a particular color of tight and haven’t had any luck tracking it down, check out We Love Color - they have almost every shade and hue imaginable (50 in fact!).
And finally, here are some of my absolute favorite tights of all time…ones that I really need to track down!
image
Swan Tights. No need to say anything else. Adore.
image
Pacman and Ms. Pacman are still my favorite video games. True child of the 80s. I need these tights and one day I will find them.
image
I can’t think of a better way to show my love of maps in a very present way than wearing these tights. There are a few other map print tights out there but I love that these resemble the globes from my elementary school days.
image
Very cool! And so very steampunk!  These Pocketwatch and Keys Printed Tights could work as all-season tights, classic and quirky at the same time.

Tights are definitely not just for winter! Do you have any favorite pairs, either from the ones in this post or from somewhere else?

No comments:

Post a Comment