Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy First Day of Summer!






I don’t know about you, but I’m planning to soak up every last bit of sunshine and warmth this summer! Summer always goes by too fast and this year the warmer temps. seemed to take longer to arrive.  It’s at this time of year that I always feel like every meal should be a picnic, every late night should be on a patio or rooftop, and that we should aim for a more leisurely pace than we normally keep the rest of the year.  
I love that everywhere I look this time of year I see splashes of color.  It’s as though everyone mutually agreed to embrace these sun-washed days by enveloping themselves in colors as seen through a prism on a sunny windowsill.  Today on the way to work I looked at Brook’s Brothers window and saw men’s pastel shirts with cuffs turned inside out to expose multi-colored pastel plaids, Fossil had handbags in every shade strategically arranged as though a garden, the smallest convenience store had pails of colorful fresh cut flowers along the sidewalk and carts selling shaved ice offered syrups in every hue.  This is the magic of summer…you start to slow down and notice all these things a little more.  
Looking forward to many more sun-filled days and warm nights ahead!
Outfit Details:
Oxford gingham shirt in neon pink - Michael Kors (purchased at Lord and Taylor but I can’t for the life of me find it on their website…it’s available at many stores though)
Pink flamingo tote - H&M
Necklace (old) - from Town Shoes (similar Eiffel Tower necklaces here)

No comments:

Post a Comment