Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Urban Landscapes








Typically, I tend to wear dresses with a twirl factor. You know when you were a kid and put on a dress that would fly out around you if you spun around….I still think that’s a good “test" for a dress.  Dresses that flutter and float are fun to wear…even if you no longer twirl around (in public, anyways…).  This shift dress is somewhat of a change of pace for me. I’ve had it for a long time and only occasionally pull it out to wear but I really love its graphic city print and for a form fitting dress it’s pretty comfortable to wear.  My only quibble of this side zip (hooray!) dress is that the button at the nape of the neck is square and the loop for it is tiny….it’s always a bit of struggle doing that up. One day I might change out the black square button for a red heart one.
Anyways, this felt like the perfect thing to wear on day 1 of  the heat advisory in NYC with its cooling cotton fabric, crisp colors and urban edge.   At work, I paired it with a fair of flats featuring zippered rosettes and a soft striped cardigan (it was too hot outside today to even consider putting the cardi on for a photo). The bow on the cropped back is my favorite part of this cardigan;  I like that it softens up the hard lines of the dress and the jagged zipper rosettes on the flats.
P.S. Sorry for the slightly grainy indoor shot.
Outfit Details:
Shift Dress (old) - Great Heights Shift Dress by We Love Vera, Anthropologie (doesn’t show up on Anthropologie’s website anymore but you can sometimes find it on ebay or etsy in one or two sizes, and there’s a review of it here
Purse necklace - My mom’s
Gold belt - Thrifted
Jeweled heart earrings - My nana’s

No comments:

Post a Comment