Saturday, August 10, 2013

Walking Down the Center of the Street




Today was the 2nd Saturday of Summer Streets this year; next Saturday will be the final one for the season. I visited Summer Streets last week, mostly to check out Voice Tunnel, but  I can't resist the opportunity to walk down Park Avenue when it's car-free so I went back this morning. I also can't resist brightly colored beach ball trees.

























Finally a chance to slow down and look at the art installations along Park Avenue up close. 
 I can stand in the center of street with no fear...except of potentially being run over by bikes, runners, strollers, etc...

But look at that view....you can see all the way down Park Avenue.






I can take time to enjoy the architecture along Park Avenue instead of rushing down the sidewalk or flying past in a cab.



No cars! What a calm scene. No wonder I love Summer Streets.










Too bad more streets in NYC didn't go car-free in the summer. I know, I know...people need to get around, but it's amazing how much you see and hear when cars aren't streaming by.

Outfit Details:

Skirt (old) - Plaited Brushstrokes by Lil, Anthropologie

Blouse (old) - Buds and Stripes Top, Anthropologie

Bag - Wildflowers Harmony bag, Kate Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment