Sunday, August 11, 2013

Ruffles and Polka Dots for a Sunday Stroll



Weekends always go by so fast probably because I always try to cram so much in. I probably should spend more time relaxing on weekends but it seems like such a waste. In fact, on the couple of weekends where I didn't do much of anything I ended up feeling more tired, annoyed that the weekend had came and went.

























Today I walked up to The Whitney to check out "American Legends: From Calder to O'Keeffe" and "Hopper Drawing." It was a cool but sunny morning so the walk there was really pleasant. There's generally less people up and about on Sunday mornings so that definitely adds to the tranquil vibe.
















All of Calder's works are so playful  Isn't this fish mobile great?!





I really like when museums have plenty of benches. Not only are they great spots to soak up the atmosphere and study particular works but also for seeking what catches the attention of other visitors.





More of Calder's works. So clever and fun!































On the way home, I popped into Laduree to snap a few photos. Their window display is always so charming. Beautifully delicate and colorful macaroons spread out like little jewels.






And of course, I couldn't walk by my favorite Kate Spade store without stopping in. Their Madison Avenue store is truly beautiful.  A couple of weeks ago I noticed these darling cat flats online and was curious to see them in person. They don't seem to be getting them in the store, but the helpful staff ordered a pair to be delivered to my address and waived the shipping cost.  I can't wait till they arrive!

Best ending to this weekend? The Perseid meteor shower is supposed to begin tonight! Hopefully the sky stays clear for viewing.




Outfit Details:

No comments:

Post a Comment