Friday, August 16, 2013

Pattern Mix in Black & White with a Splash of Blue























Testing out how different patterns look together is one of the fun things about getting dressed. This outfit actually has four different patterns playing off and complimenting one another, and that doesn't even count the bright blue tights and eyelash shoes.  I've had this polka dot sundress for years and years.....since high school!  I love that it still feels current and more importantly, I still enjoy wearing it.  Black and white polka dots will never go out of style and what makes this dress a little unique is the smaller dots on the top with the larger dots on the bottom.  The "is it a blouse and skirt or is it a dress?' effect really appeals to me.  I still have the polka dot sash that goes with this dress but lately I've been adding different belts to this dress instead and using the sash with other outfits.  

Yesterday I decided to pair this dress with a soft velvety tee that has a marbled or animal print type pattern. The blurred print and soft texture worked well with the more defined and bold dot print in the dress.  When I got chilly, I threw on a textured white cardigan that has a softened architectural print, like a draft or blueprint, on the front and back. All of the lines in the architectural landscape contrast nicely with the other prints in this outfit.  The only pops of color I added to this mostly all black and white outfit were the blue tights and the gold and red heart earrings I wore.  Who ever said that black and white was boring? Not me.

Outfit Details:

Dress (old) - Guess (similar idea here and here)

T-shirt (old) - ? (similar idea here, here and here)

Cardigan (old) - Frieze Cardigan by Angel of the North, Anthropologie

Shoes - Pinch, Lash, Smidgen Flat by Loly in the Sky, Modcloth

Bow Belt - Mexx (all kinds of bow belts here)

No comments:

Post a Comment