Saturday, October 5, 2013

A Dress for All Seasons




With the weather 80F plus the last few days, it's hard to believe it's October. The cooler mornings along with stacks of pumpkins and autumnal mums throughout the city, however, signal that autumn is really here. Once again I've been pretty terrible at snapping any outfit photos or writing any posts this week. This was the only outfit photo I managed during the work week.  

I usually try to hold off on the long sleeve layers under dresses until later in the season but it has been chilly in the office so I've been dressing extra warm; I actually popped on a long sleeve ruffled beige sweater shortly after I got to work.   I thought the addition of my turquoise Fluevog shoes was a fun touch. It never fails that every time I wear a pair of Fluevog's I get approached by some fellow Canadians - love it!

The dress I wore yesterday is one which I consider to be a four seasons dress.  The browns and golds are very autumnal but the pops of turquoise and purple remind me of spring or summer. It's one of the easier dresses to layer and mix and match with. A lace short sleeve blouse under the dress in the summer or a pastel cardigan in the spring and you're all set. In the fall and winter I like to add neutrals to the mix with the pops of color appearing in the accessories I choose, and I love playing with textures. Metallics go very well with this dress and warm the look up even more in the winter months.  Gotta love a dress that holds its own all year long.

Outfit Details:

Dress (old): Anthropologie

Long sleeve black shirt (old): from dance store

Shoes (old): John Fluevog

Necklace (old): from Sainte-Marie among the Hurons

Earrings (old): ?

No comments:

Post a Comment