Monday, October 14, 2013

Columbus Day in NYC

 



































Happy Columbus Day! And a very Happy Thanksgiving Day to all my Canadian friends and family! I didn't do any special celebrating today since my guests have returned home but I did have a very restful day. It was another beautiful day weather-wise so I enjoyed walking around midtown and catching glimpses of the Columbus Day parade without getting caught up in the crowds.  Most places were open today so I also managed to get some errands done before the work week begins. 

For months I've been meaning to stop for a closer look at the interesting circular cutout in a building along W 52 that I always notice in passing when I'm going to/coming from work.  The sidewalks were less busy in that general area today so it was the perfect time to stop.  I'm still not sure what it's all about but it's a pretty cool feature. I always appreciate when I'm able to slow down a little and take in the surroundings that I often rush by on the way to one place or another. There are always so many surprises around each corner of this city, and that's definitely something I'm thankful for.

Outfit Details:

Dress: Eva Franco

Cardigan: Sparrow, Anthropologie

Scarf: Anthropologie

Trench coat: Betsy Johnson

Necklace: Kate Spade

Boots: Town Shoes

Tote: MoMA


No comments:

Post a Comment