Sunday, April 20, 2014

Rockefeller Center Looking Egg-stra Special











































































Yesterday I turned another year older (gulp!) but despite that inevitability I had a great day. The weather was sunny and warm and there were a lot of fun things to see/do around the city (I can always rely on NYC for having lots to explore/something new around every corner). One of the things I did yesterday was check out all the Faberge Big Egg Hunt eggs that have now been gathered in Rockefeller Center. Total mayhem trying to see each and every one of them but well worth the effort. The crowds at Easter are not dissimilar to the throngs of people at Christmas.  I had a pretty wonderful day though even though I spent part of it in a sea of pushy people. But can't go wrong with a day that included some of my favorite things: cacao berry oatmeal, lots of time walking around the city, being outside in the sun (no cardigan needed at one point), stopping by Lincoln Center to pick up tickets to the ballet, a little shopping with a Bday discount in hand, a good documentary, stocking up at the fruit and vegetable market, and a dish of Wink cake batter frozen dessert to cap off the day (seriously, how does pea protein taste so good?)! All of that made getting another year older a little easier to take...or at least distracted me from the reality :)

Outfit Details:
Dress: United Colors of Benetton 
Cardigan: Anthropologie
Leggings: Forever 21
Bag: Kate Spade


No comments:

Post a Comment