Saturday, August 30, 2014

On the Boardwalk: Old Time Fun at Coney Island


Old roller coaster car...whoa!


































Strolling the boardwalk


I wonder if the people in those apartments ever getting tired of view? I doubt it.















Legendary.


Treats and more treats.


Neon and pastel carousel. Perfection.






















Bird's eye view from atop a burger.






















Grandmothers always know best.


After three summers in NYC I am embarrassed to admit this was the first summer I went to Coney Island. I know, I know. No excuses, especially as it is so easy to get to.  Well, I made it there this summer at least and it was a beautiful day to be there too.  Even though I had seen a lot of photos and video of Coney Island and the boardwalk I didn't really have a good idea of what the place looked like. Oh sure, I knew there'd be rides, concession stands, old signage,  and a shoreline that seems to go on forever but you can't really know until you visit a place. I liked Coney Island far more than I thought I would...I guess I wasn't expecting the boardwalk and the beach to be so vast, nor the amusement park landscape to be so vibrant (and clean)!  There were moments that afternoon when I actually did feel I had stepped back in time. So even though amusement park rides, fried foods and sun bathing aren't really my things, I had a wonderful time! And now I'll resume singing Bette Midler's 'Under the Boardwalk' in my head...


Outfit Details:

Dress - Fateful Timing Dress, Modcloth (out of stock but they have plenty more options if looking for something nautical)

Hat - Lord and TaylorTote - World's Fair Tote, New York Historical Society

Shoes - Keds

Sunnies - Kate Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment