Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Love of 'The Find'

I feel like Pollyanna
Love this place: Beacon's Closet

Where else could you find pieces like this? Can someone please buy and wear that pink silk elephant blouse?!






















My (treasure) finds. The best part is I was able to get rid of some pants and shirts that I haven't worn in years and receive a store credit....so basically sometimes at a thrift store you can shop for free!



I love exploring, not knowing what I might find and feeling like I've stumbled upon something unique. I love a good story. And I love a good deal. It's no wonder then that consignment stores, thrift shops, flea markets and sample sales are magical places for me. These are havens from a culture of shopping malls and department stores...where everything looks and feels the same and the only stories are those that refer to rude customer service and outrageous price tags. Sifting through the racks and boxes is like going on a journey through time and people's lives. Memories are stirred when I come across pieces that remind me of times in my own past. Style is cultivated in places like this, personalities shine through. There is no one look or one trend in these places. When you come with an open mind and are willing to play you never know what you might find when thrift shopping....but I guaranteed you'll find some pretty great stuff.  Now if we all approached life the same way, playfully and with open minds, what a great world this be! See what a little thrift shopping can teach all of us?!

Outfit Details:
Photo 1:
Dress: Beacon's Closet
Heart sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Boots: XoXo, Macy's
Floral socks: Lord and Taylor
Purse necklace: My mom's
Rose earrings: H&M
Unicorn tote: Metropolitan Museum of Art

Photo 2 (Apologies for the goofy selfie):
Dress: Anna Sui via Beacon's Closet
T-shirt: Airism at Uniqlo
Tri-color pennant necklace: Tatty Devine via Beacon's Closet
Long yellow necklace: Beacon's Closet
Belt: Anthropologie
Hat: Lord and Taylor
Watermelon earrings: MoMA staff sale
Shoes: Suprega

No comments:

Post a Comment