Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pants...with Pink Flowers! And they were $12!






I still haven’t figured out how often I’ll post on this style blog but since it’s look pretty bare right now I thought I’d add another post. It’s funny that my 2nd post features pants because most of the time I wear dresses or skirts. There are a few reasons for this: 1) I’m never happy with the fit of most pants and really hate trying them on, 2) I prefer dresses because they are basically a complete outfit or a good base for one, 3) pants are often the same price or more than a dress and choosing the dress over the pants seems like a no-brainer to me and 4) I love the feminine detailing and lines of dresses and skirts, especially while I’m still sporting a pixie haircut.
My first post mentioned styling accidents and this is sort of a similar situation. I’ve been intrigued by all the flower print pants out there and was tempted by a few but they all seemed over priced to me considering that I really didn’t see them as anything more than a seasonal trend.  Normally if I’m going to invest in a piece of clothing it has to be something I imagine wearing years from now and skinny jeans with a flower print definitely don’t fall into that category. And although a few prints had caught my eye, trying on endless pairs to get the right fit prevented me from going beyond looking at them…pants are notoriously too long, too cropped, too baggy, too tight, too stretchy, too high or low waisted etc. Anyways, while wandering around South Street Seaport this Memorial Day weekend I found this pair at Steps…I thought they were pretty cute and then I saw they were only $12 which made them even cuter.  They only came in small, medium and large so I thought for sure the sizing would be a mess but the pair I got actually fit pretty good.  I wasn’t looking for a pair of flower print jeans, or to do any shopping for that matter, but I call this a happy accident.
Of course, once I got home I had to figure out what to pair them with.  Their bold print called for some muted tones, white, pink, beige, blush and gold tones. I really liked adding texture to the ensemble by incorporating ruffles and crochet into the mix. I’m looking forward to finding other ways to wear these pants this summer…and I’ll be careful to keep my eye out for other wallet friendly/too trendy to pay full price pieces!
Outfit Details:
White T-shirt - J Crew Perfect Fit Tee
Cropped cardigan with crochet detailing - Free People (old)
Flowered jeans - Steps Clothing, South Street Seaport (similar here)
Bow earrings - My nana’s
Boots - Town Shoes (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment