Monday, September 8, 2014

A City Made for Walking and A Dress that Keeps Up





 

 New York City is such an amazing walkable city, especially when the weather is beautiful, and there are so many things to explore. I am still learning about this city everyday. Several weeks ago I finally went on one of the free walking tours of the Flatiron District. Focusing on a specific area of the city and having someone tell you facts and anecdotes about various locations is such a great way to stop and really appreciate all the places you might hurry past in the day-to-day rush of city living.

I wore one of the Nanette Lepore dresses I bought earlier in the year at Nanette Lepore's Archival Sample Sale. So even though I went on this walking tour weeks ago, this post still seems timely since Nanette Lepore just had her show last night as part of Fashion Week. She is one designer who really loves and understands how to use color! I love the cut of her designs....everything from the necklines, hemlines, draping, and thoughtful details work for me. And beautiful fabrics and patterns too! I watched the live stream of her show last night...I am loving the neon yellows and pinks and bright whites! Such a fantastic designer...who clearly respects women in all her design choices and wants all of us to have fun with our wardrobes!

Outfit Details:
Dress: Nanette Lepore
T-shirt: Airism by Uniqlo
Belt: Anthropologie
Tote: H&M
Hat: Lord and Taylor
Sunnies: Kate Spade

No comments:

Post a Comment