Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Flamingos Go with Fun Art






















This is actually from a few weekends go but I'm a little behind on my posts and haven't been taking as many outfit-of-the-day type photos. Anyways, this was a fantastic weekend! I saw so much art and a lot of it had a very playful quality that I readily welcomed. I'm not sure that a pink flamingo sundress is ideal gallery hopping wear but I felt like it was appropriate for some of the works I saw which were incredibly FUN!  I especially loved Tara Donovan's installation (in the last photo)...everyone who saw it immediately lit up and broke into a big smile. The security officer was smiling at everyone's reaction and I asked him what it was like to see people's first reaction to her work and he said it made him really happy. It's pretty amazing how some works can really affect our moods and also how seeing and being around happiness can make us feel uplifted as well.

Outfit Details:

Dress: Eric and Lani
Cropped Denim Jacket: Marilyn Monroe
Sneakers: Suprega
Tote: Uniqlo and MoMA collaboration









No comments:

Post a Comment